Neely Henry Forums

Forums for Lake Neely Henry and the surrounding areas. Back to www.neelyhenry.com

You are not logged in.

Announcement

NeelyHenry.com has a facebook page. Check us out here NeelyHenry.com on Facebook

#1 2013-05-01 06:34:00 pm

Hularig

Water clarity report

For those that may be traveling in for the weekend, I wanted to share insight on the water clarity and flow. The water was heavily stained by the rains last week. We are up to a about a foot and half of visibility for many areas. One can still find clearer water down at the south end on the rock ledges. Be prepared, wherever you are, for fluctuating water.

For the last couple of evenings I have caught some spots. Nothing to brag about.

Technique for success in this muddy water has been 6 inch watermelon red flake lizard fishing out from the grass beds where the heavy flow of the water creates an eddy. Also, stumps or laydowns where the faster water flow carries the lizard past the brush (almost like stream fishing).

I still see fish on bed in 3 ft. or less. If you are patient, you can get a nice bag.

#2 2013-05-14 04:54:29 pm

richard_atwood

Re: Water clarity report

Me and a couple of my buddys are planing a trip to neely henry and logan martin can you tell me what the water temp is wright now we are planing on comeing down next week i seen that the weather is suspost to be n the 80s water should warm up preaty quick.

#3 2013-05-20 07:39:17 am

Jay
Administrator
Website

Re: Water clarity report

Thanks for the info!

Board footer